Researchers and physicians suggest these health benefits from proper magnesium and sulfate levels, as listed on the web site of the Epsom Salt Industry Council:
- Improved heart and circulatory health, reducing irregular heartbeats, and lowering blood pressure.
- Improved ability for the body to use insulin, reducing the severity of diabetes.
- Flushed toxins and heavy metals from the cells, easing muscle pain and helping the body to eliminate harmful substances.
- Relieved stress. Excess adrenaline and stress are believed to drain magnesium, a natural stress reliever, from the body. Magnesium is necessary for the body to produce large amounts of serotonin, a mood-elevating chemical within the brain that creates a feeling of well being and relaxation.
- Reduces pain and muscle cramps.
- Improved oxygen use.
- Improved absorption of nutrients.
- Prevention or easing of migraine headaches.